Tuesday, October 9, 2007

About Me

I’m a Hindu.

And I know it’s a very insufficient introduction of myself. Being a Hindu doesn’t really convey anything, except that I am not a Jew or a Muslim or a Christian. Yeah, I have deliberately chosen only Abrahamic religions for contrasting, because connotation of the word religion is mostly Abrahamic.

Well, I won’t really try to define 'correct' connotation of the word religion or the difference between Abrahamic religions and Hinduism on this blog, but I’d try to define myself.

As you can see in the title of the blog, I have already introduced a definer for myself – communal. Again, I don’t know who is a communal Hindu, but I have called myself so because so many times since I (unfortunately) started understanding a bit of politics and ideologies, people with whom I tended to agree with (to a considerable degree) in these matters were defined as communal forces.

In fact, this definition was in terms of several accusations – They were accused of carrying out a propaganda. They were accused of propagating hate. They were accused of telling lies. They were accused of being irrational. They were accused of dogmatism. They were accused of retrogression. And many more such accusations, and definitions.

The 'communal forces' were deemed to be evils, against whom the Indian society and culture had to be protected. They were to be vanquished – politically and ideologically – they were to be eliminated. Or should I say, they were to be hated.

These definitions hold as I write this post. And still I’m calling myself communal. I know I run the risk of my attempts to define myself being refuted by means of these accusations. I run the risk of being hated. But then I have used the phrase confessions before using the definer communal.

When somebody confesses, he expects to be heard patiently. I expect the same.

It’s a confession, a definition, a psychoanalysis of myself.

It's an invitation for a journey into the mind and heart of someone who has been declared to be treading an abominable path.

I write this blog in an attempt to widen the political and ideological spectrum of India, even if I'm painted with shades of gray.

I hope that my confessions would be dealt with reason rather than accusations, and I would be deemed fit to be included rather than eliminated.

1 comment:

  1. Have you retired? Your writings were intellectually stimulating.

    ReplyDelete

Before you comment or form any opinion about the blog or the author, please read the Preamble of this blog.
But I know some of you would still be abusive, because that's the only language you use for Hindus, but go on, I would not moderate...