Tuesday, October 9, 2007

About this Blog

When I decided to write a blog, I didn’t know how would I structure it. There are so many things I want to say, ask, confess, argue, explain, introspect, and resolve. Where do I start?

But I guess I would structure it just like any other blog. As thoughts pass though my mind, I’ll post them. They could be triggered by some recent events or could be result of personal musings. They could as well be triggered by some comments on the blog.

I would be honest, candid, unapologetic, and maybe politically incorrect. But I would not be rash, clandestine, irrational, and downright abusive.

But why at all am I writing this blog? A part of it is answered in the very first post of the blog itself – About Me. But let me try to explain a bit further.

Well, when I talk about ‘confessions’, you may think that I’m looking for some redemption. I am not confessing any crime, but maybe I’m trying to resolve a dilemma. I don’t know. But it’s true that I want to understand myself better and talk about myself. Sorry for being such a narcissist!

Maybe I’m trying to diagnose myself. Those who scoff at communal forces and consider them a disease for Indian culture, to them I offer myself for diagnosis. Read my mind and find what the root cause of this disease is. Till now, you have only seen some symptoms and declared euthanasia (minus mercy) as the only treatment for me. That’s unfair.

I hope my blog serves some of the above purposes. I know it will be a catharsis on many occasions to write down some of the thoughts, but I hope it will be for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you comment or form any opinion about the blog or the author, please read the Preamble of this blog.
But I know some of you would still be abusive, because that's the only language you use for Hindus, but go on, I would not moderate...